System user guides
Step 1 > Business registration
Step 2 > Rail and civil worker registration
- To learn more about the Rail Safety Worker program, please visit railsafetyworker.com.au. User guides can be found on the Help and Resources page of that site.
- Guide for: Civil worker registration and all worker induction bookings
This Knowledge Base includes steps to check company compliance, search for and edit employees, run reports on competencies or work hours, and create users, among other helpful tips. This process can be completed in Onsite, the Pegasus software that powers the Downer Contractor System.
The Business Rules specify the requirements of the documents you upload in the system. Ensuring your documents meet these requirements will save time and have you approved faster.
Complete and return this form if you have a new worker who is already registered and you need them added to your company, or you would like to remove a registered worker from your company.
Frequently asked questions
Click to expand the FAQs below.
How do I know if I need to register my company and employees in the Downer Contractor System?
All companies working on Downer project sites must register in the system. They must also ensure their employees undertaking civil and rail roles are registered and have the correct Downer inductions before coming to work.
Rail workers must first hold RSW cards with the correct Downer project roles, and then the correct roles in the Downer Contractor Portal. Civil contractors must be registered in the Downer Contractor System and hold Pegasus cards.
Contractors cannot work for Downer without being registered in the system.
How much does registration, role selection and induction booking cost?
Annual business registration in the Contractor Management System costs $100 + GST. This is for the verification and ongoing registration of a company and its documents.
Employee registration (including contractor access cards and online inductions) costs $75 + GST per person, and $30 + GST for annual renewal.
Rail Safety Worker cards and roles cost $100 + GST for new cards, with annual renewal costing $30 + GST.
Rail contractors must have roles and training booked for them in the Downer Contractor System. Training costs $10 + GST per person.
What certifications must a contracting company hold to register in the system?
The list of required documents may include:
- Electrical Contractors Licence
- Building Contractors Licence
- Plumbing Contractors Licence
- Air Conditioning Contractors Licence
How often do I need to renew my registration?
You will be emailed to follow the process to renew your registration in the system every 12 months.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the Contractor System?
Who manages the Downer Contractor System?
Pegasus is managing the Contractor Management System on behalf of Downer. Pegasus connects a competent workforce.
The Pegasus solution:
- provides access to contractiong company and individual contractor data
- manages all training and inductions
- administers contractor and supplier compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and mcals, of all workers involved in a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of contractors
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract